Spiritual Journey || Action Steps || Growing Deeper in Spiritual Growth || Part 4
Part 4 - Action Steps
Growing Deeper in Spiritual Growth
After completing this Bible study on New Creation Realities, the next steps involve deeper spiritual growth, practical application, and intentional discipleship. Here's a guide for what to do next:
1. Reflect on Personal Growth
- Journal Your Reflections: Spend time writing down what you’ve learned and how the concept of being a new creation is transforming your life. Reflect on areas where you see God working in you and where you need more growth.
- Evaluate Your Walk with Christ: Assess your relationship with Christ in light of the study. Are you fully living in the reality of the new creation, or are there areas where you still struggle with your old self?
2. Continue to Apply the Principles
The key to growth is consistent application. Reflect on the practical steps outlined in the Bible study:
- Daily Renewing Your Mind: Make a habit of meditating on Scripture each day. Identify areas where you need to replace old thought patterns with God’s truth.
- Walking in the Spirit: Cultivate a deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit through prayer, worship, and obedience.
- Reflecting Christ’s Character: Focus on embodying Christ-like attributes in specific areas of your life, like relationships, work, and community.
3. Engage in Discipleship
- Join a Small Group or Bible Study: If you're not already part of a community, join a small group where you can continue learning and growing with others. Discipleship happens in community, and having a support system helps you stay accountable in your walk.
- Disciple Others: As you grow in your faith, consider discipling someone else. Pass on the truths you've learned to help others experience the same transformation. You can start by sharing what you've learned in this Bible study with friends, family, or members of your church.
4. Dive Deeper into God’s Word
- Study the Themes of Righteousness and Sanctification: Dive deeper into themes related to your new identity in Christ, such as righteousness, sanctification, and holiness. Books like Romans, Ephesians, and Colossians offer rich teachings on these topics.
- Learn about Spiritual Gifts: As a new creation in Christ, you’ve been given spiritual gifts. Spend time learning about your gifts and how to use them for God’s Kingdom (1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12:6-8).
5. Embrace Prayer and Fasting
- Develop a Deeper Prayer Life: Set aside regular time to pray and seek God's guidance in your life. Prayer helps you align your heart with God’s will, making it easier to live out your new creation reality.
- Incorporate Fasting: Consider fasting as a spiritual discipline to help deepen your relationship with God and gain clarity in specific areas of your life.
6. Serve and Impact Others
- Use Your Gifts for Service: Ask God to show you where and how to serve others, whether in your church, community, or globally. Serving is a powerful way to live out the new creation realities.
- Live Out Your Faith Boldly: In every area of your life—work, school, family—live in a way that reflects the transformation Christ has made in you. Be a light to others by embodying Christ’s character and love.
7. Prepare for the Next Season of Growth
- Seek Mentorship: Look for a mentor who can guide you further in your spiritual walk. Learning from someone with more experience in the faith can help you navigate challenges and deepen your walk with Christ.
Focus on Spiritual Maturity: As you continue your journey, focus on growing in spiritual maturity. Study passages that challenge you to go deeper in your understanding of God’s love and purpose for your life (Philippians 3:12-14, Hebrews 5:14).
Stepping into a Lifetime of Transformation
The journey doesn’t stop here. Becoming a new creation in Christ is a lifelong process of being transformed from glory to glory. Embrace the daily process of sanctification, continually seek God’s presence, and commit to living out the principles you’ve learned in practical, everyday ways. Each day is an opportunity to grow in Christ, reflect His glory, and walk in the fullness of your new creation reality.
JOHN LESTER HILARIO
ReplyDeleteBSHM 1 - SET - F
CV 1
This guide helps me understand how to grow more in my faith. I need to reflect on how God is working in my life and apply what I’ve learned. Joining a small group or Bible study can help me stay accountable and learn from others. I also want to learn more about spiritual gifts and how to use them to serve others.
Serving others and living out my faith boldly is important. I want to be a light to others and show them God’s love. Having a mentor can also help me navigate challenges and grow in my spiritual walk.
I realize that becoming a new creation in Christ is a lifelong journey. I need to continually seek God’s presence and live out what I’ve learned in practical ways.
James cruz gantang bshm 1-f cv1
ReplyDeleteAng gabay na ito ay tumutulong sa akin na maunawaan kung paano lumago pa sa aking pananampalataya. Kailangan kong mag-reflect sa kung paano gumagawa si God sa aking buhay at i-apply ang mga natutunan ko. Joining a small group or Bible study can help me stay accountable and learn from others. Gusto ko ring matuto pa tungkol sa spiritual gifts at kung paano gamitin ang mga ito para maglingkod sa iba. Serving others and living out my faith boldly is importante. I want to be a light to others and show them God’s love. Ang pagkakaroon ng mentor ay makakatulong din sa akin to navigate challenges and grow in my spiritual walk. Napagtanto ko na becoming a new creation in Christ is a lifelong journey. Kailangan kong patuloy na hanapin ang presensya ng Diyos at isabuhay ang mga natutunan ko in practical ways.
Nacion, Jenelyn O.
ReplyDeleteBSTM 1-B
CV-1
Growing deeper in spiritual growth means continuing to learn, trust, and grow closer to God. First, I should reflect on what I have learned and recognize the areas in my life where I still need to grow. I should also apply God’s teachings in my daily life through prayer, reading the Bible, renewing my mind, and following His guidance. I can grow through discipleship by joining Bible studies, spending time with other Christians, and sharing what I learn with others. I should also spend more time reading and understanding God’s Word so I can know Him better. Prayer and fasting can help me focus on God and strengthen my relationship with Him. I can also serve others by using my talents and showing kindness, love, and understanding. Lastly, I should continue preparing for the next season of my spiritual growth by seeking guidance and becoming more mature in my faith. Spiritual growth is a lifelong journey, and every day is an opportunity to become closer to God and grow through His guidance.
Gutierrez, halle
ReplyDeleteBSTM 1-B
CV-1
FRIDAY 10:30-11:30
Reading this lesson reminded me that growing deeper in faith is a continuous process. According to this verse, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The lesson helped me to understand that deepening our spiritual growth requires that we continue to seek God through prayer, reading his word, and relying on him. It was important to realize that I need to leave my old self and let God renew my life according to his word. As I grow deeper in faith, I need to develop Christ-like qualities such as love, compassion, forgiveness, and patience.
Therefore, I desire to continue growing in faith and righteousness. Although I might fail or be prone to evil, I need to seek God and let his word guide my actions and behaviors. Indeed, the lesson helped me to understand that my journey to deepen my spirituality is a perpetual process that will continue throughout my life. I need to continue learning God’s word and apply it in my life to transform my character and improve my relationships with others.
Guadamor, Jamyllia
ReplyDeleteCV1
BSTM1-B
Part 4 – Action Steps: Growing Deeper in Spiritual Growth
After learning about the New Creation Realities, I realized that growing spiritually is something more that I need to apply and work on every day. It is not enough to just know about God’s Word. I also need to apply what I learn in my everyday life.
I also learned that I need to change the way I think. There are times when I become negative, overthinking things i shouldn't, or doubt myself. Instead of letting these thoughts control me, I want to remind myself of what God says and focus on His truth. I know that changing my mindset will not happen instantly, but I can slowly improve by trusting God's Word.
This part of the study made me realize that being a new creation is not just about knowing that I have changed through Christ. It is also about showing that change through the way I live. I want my actions, words, and attitude to reflect my faith so that my child will see it and i can finally say im role model to her.
I know that spiritual growth is a lifelong journey. There will be days when I struggle or make mistakes, but I can always come back to God and continue learning from Him. Moving forward, I want to make prayer, God's Word, and living out my faith a bigger part of my daily life. I want to continue growing and becoming the person God wants me to be.
Tawatao, Lovely B.
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4 | CLV3 - Leadership Defined
Tuesday 12:30-1:30
Narealize ko na ang spiritual growth is not about how much I know about God, but how much I allow Him to change the way I live. Minsan, madaling makinig sa Word of God, pero mas challenging itong i-apply kapag may problems, temptations, or situations na sinusubok ang faith ko.
I also learned that I don’t have to grow alone. Being part of a Bible study or having people who can guide and encourage me can help me stay accountable. Sa everyday life, kahit small steps like praying, choosing to forgive, helping others, and showing Christ’s love can make a difference.
This lesson reminded me that growth happens when I choose God even in small and ordinary moments. Through prayer, His Word, serving others, and being accountable to people who can guide me, I slowly become more like Christ.
For me, true spiritual growth means hindi lang ako lumalapit kay God kapag may kailangan ako. I want to know Him deeper, trust Him more, and let my everyday life become evidence of the transformation He is doing in me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBIASON, DIVINE DANIELLE D.
ReplyDeleteBSTM 1-A
8:00-9:00AM
CV1: FDP
The seven action steps guide us to grow deeper in our spiritual life as new creations in Christ. First, we reflect on our personal growth through journaling and honestly assessing our walk with God. Then we keep applying what we learn daily—renewing our minds with Scripture, walking in the Spirit, and showing Christ’s character in all we do. We also engage in discipleship by joining groups for support and sharing our faith with others, while diving deeper into God’s Word to understand our true identity, purpose, and spiritual gifts. We nurture our relationship with the Lord through consistent prayer and fasting, serve others with the gifts God gave us, and prepare for what lies ahead by seeking mentorship and aiming for spiritual maturity. All these steps remind us that becoming a new creation is not just a one-time moment but a lifelong journey, where each day we grow closer to God, reflect His love more, and live fully in the new life He has given us.
NARON, MHIKA ANA M.
ReplyDeleteBSCRIM-1
My Reflection
This lesson made me realize that becoming a new creation in Christ is not about becoming a perfect person. It is about allowing God to change the person I am becoming. I may still have weaknesses, make mistakes, and struggle with my old habits, but I now understand that growth takes time. What matters is that I continue to move closer to God instead of staying the same.
I also learned that spiritual growth requires a choice. I cannot expect my relationship with God to become stronger if I do not spend time with Him. I need to pray, read His Word, and listen to His guidance. Sometimes I become so busy thinking about my problems, studies, and future that I forget the One who can give me direction. This reminded me that I should not only look for God when I need something from Him, but also seek Him because I want to know Him more.
One thing I want to change is the way I respond to people and situations. I want my faith to be seen not only in the words I say, but also in the way I treat others. I want to become more patient, forgiving, humble, and understanding. I know that these changes will not happen overnight, but I believe that every small change is part of God's work in me.
I also realized that being a new creation comes with a responsibility. If God is changing my life, then I should also become a source of encouragement to others. I do not need to be perfect to share what God has done in my life. Sometimes, simply being kind, listening to someone, or showing love can already reflect Christ.
Most importantly, I learned that spiritual growth is not a destination but a lifelong journey. There will be days when my faith feels strong and days when I struggle, but I want to keep choosing God. I may not know everything about where He is leading me, but I trust that He knows what is best. My goal is not to become perfect on my own, but to become more like Christ as I continue walking with Him.
I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS, NO TURNING BACK.
FRANCISCO GENIBEL C. BSTM 1-A
ReplyDeleteThe seven action steps guide us to grow deeper in Christ through a lifelong journey of spiritual transformation. We begin by assessing our mindset as a new creation, applying Scripture daily to renew our minds, and engaging in discipleship for communal support. By diving into God's Word, we discover our true identity and purpose, which we then nurture through prayer and fasting. Finally, we serve others using our spiritual gifts and prepare for the future through mentorship and a commitment to maturity, ensuring we live fully in the new life God has given us.
ARBOLEDA, RHAYVENN JUSTIN E.
ReplyDeleteBSTM 1-A
Cv1
The fourth part covers the process of spiritual growth after gaining knowledge of New Creation Realities. It inspires Christians to contemplate their spiritual growth, renew their minds with God’s Word, walk in the Spirit, and develop Christlikeness. It also highlights the need for involvement in Bible study groups, discipling, prayer, service, identification of spiritual gifts, and mentoring. Essentially, the process of being a new creation in Christ entails continuous transformation throughout one’s life.
ARINGO, TRIXIE M.
ReplyDeleteBSTM 1-A
Cv1
The seven action steps teach us how to strengthen our faith and develop a closer relationship with God. They encourage us to change the way we think, follow His teachings, and learn with other believers. Through studying the Bible, prayer, and fasting, we can understand God’s plan for our lives and recognize who we are in Him. We are also encouraged to use our abilities to help others and show God’s love through our actions. As we continue learning and receiving guidance from others, we grow spiritually and become more committed to living a Christ-centered life.
DAMASCO, PRECIOUS ANN P.
ReplyDeleteBEED–1
FRIDAY ( 9:15- 10:15 )
Growing deeper in spiritual growth means allowing God to work in every part of our life, not only during prayer or church activities. It starts with looking back at our spiritual journey and honestly recognizing how we have changed, what we have learned, and what areas still need improvement. We should then put God’s teachings into practice through our choices, attitudes, and treatment of others. Growing with other believers through discipleship can also help us stay encouraged and accountable, while studying the Bible more deeply helps us understand God’s character and His purpose for our lives. In this way, faith becomes something we live out rather than something we only know.
Spiritual growth also requires a deeper dependence on God through prayer and fasting, especially when we feel uncertain, tired, or faced with difficult decisions. As we grow, we are also encouraged to serve others and use what God has given us to make a positive difference, whether through small acts of kindness or meaningful service. Finally, we should remain ready for the next season of growth by accepting correction, learning from experiences, and seeking guidance from people who can help strengthen our faith. The seven action steps show that spiritual maturity is not about becoming perfect; it is about becoming more willing to let God shape our heart, decisions, character, and purpose so that our faith can be seen in the way we live.
ANGELES JEWEL P.
ReplyDeleteBSCRIM 1
FRIDAY (9:15 - 10:15)
This lesson helped me understand that spiritual growth does not happen instantly. Instead, every day that God gives us is an opportunity to grow, improve ourselves, and help others. The people around us can help us grow, and we can also help them by sharing the lessons and experiences we have learned in life. Spiritual growth is not only about ourselves but also about our relationship with the Lord. We cannot truly grow spiritually without God. Our growth begins when we develop faith and trust in Him, allowing Him to guide us as we become better individuals and build stronger relationships with others.
For me, being a new creation has greatly influenced who I am today. Through what I have learned about being a new creation, I have realized that my past mistakes no longer define who I am. Because of this, I have become more confident in facing different situations in life. Being a new creation has helped me understand my new identity in God and motivated me to grow closer to Him. It has taught me that I do not have to be defined by my past because, through God, I have the opportunity to change, grow, and become a better version of myself.