Module 1 – The Foundation of Leadership
Topic 2: Character before Position
Scripture Reading
“A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;” (1 Timothy 3:2 KJV)
Introduction
In the modern world, leadership is often associated with titles, positions, or influence. But in the Kingdom of God, leadership is grounded first in character. Before Paul discusses the skills of teaching or overseeing, he stresses the moral and spiritual qualifications of leaders.
This principle is timeless: position without character is dangerous, but character without position is still leadership in essence. God raises leaders based not merely on their ability, but on their integrity.
Exposition of the Text
Paul’s qualifications for a leader in 1 Timothy 3 emphasize who a person is rather than what a person can do.
1. “Blameless” – A leader must live above reproach. This does not mean perfection, but integrity—being consistent in public and private life.
2. “Vigilant, sober, of good behaviour” – A leader is disciplined, wise, and self-controlled. Leadership demands maturity of judgment.
3. “Given to hospitality” – Leadership is relational. Leaders open their lives and homes to others.
4. “Apt to teach” – Leadership includes the ability to communicate truth, but it comes after the emphasis on character.
Notice the order: integrity before ability, lifestyle before ministry, being before doing.
Theological Reflection
Leadership reflects God’s holiness. A leader represents God to people; therefore, their life must mirror His character.
Character is the foundation of influence. Positions can be given, but trust must be earned.
God prioritizes heart over talent. When Samuel sought Israel’s king, the Lord reminded him:
“For the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7 KJV)
Values Integration
1. Integrity – Leadership collapses without moral consistency. Integrity builds trust.
“The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.” (Proverbs 11:3 KJV)
2. Discipline – Self-control and responsibility are signs of readiness to lead.
“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” (1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV)
3. Trustworthiness – A leader’s reliability matters more than charisma.
“He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much…” (Luke 16:10 KJV)
Practical Applications for College Students
1. Focus on Personal Growth – Develop spiritual habits (devotion, prayer, service) that shape integrity.
2. Practice Responsible Leadership Now – In classroom projects, organizations, or group work, show reliability and respect.
3. Guard Your Reputation – What you post online, how you treat peers, and how you respond under pressure reflect your leadership character.
4. Seek Mentorship – Learn from godly leaders whose lives model integrity more than achievement.
Discussion Questions
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
Devotional Thought
God is not impressed by titles, resumes, or achievements. He is looking for hearts aligned with Him. If you are faithful in small things, God will entrust you with greater things. Leadership begins not with what you do, but with who you are in Christ.
“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;” (1 Peter 1:15 KJV)
Lolita N. Rallustian
ReplyDeleteBEED-4
FRIDAY (1:00-2:00)
This first module highlights that true leadership begins with self-awareness and authenticity, emphasizing that a leader must first understand themselves before they can guide others. It explains leadership not simply as influence or authority, but as a moral and relational responsibility rooted in key virtues. The discussion of different leadership theories underscores that effective leadership is flexible — there isn’t a one-size-fits-all style. I was struck by how leadership is framed not as a role reserved for a few, but as a skill that can be learned and refined through continuous growth. Finally, Module 1 challenges us to reflect on our own values and behaviors, reminding us that leadership starts from the inside and radiates outward.
Joeylyn C. Rabina
ReplyDeleteBEED-4 (IRREG)
CLV 3 | 1:00-2:00 | FRIDAY
Leadership in today’s world is often seen as a matter of titles, achievements, and influence. But this lesson reminds me that in God’s standard, character always comes before position. What truly qualifies a person for leadership is not their talent or external abilities, but who they are when no one is watching.
The passage from 1 Timothy 3 highlights qualities like being blameless, disciplined, self-controlled, hospitable, and able to teach. These traits show that leadership is not mainly about skills—it is about integrity. A leader reflects God to others, so their private life must match their public actions. This teaches me that being used by God doesn’t start on a stage, a platform, or a ministry position; it starts in the heart.
One thing that stands out is the emphasis on “being before doing.” Today, there is pressure to achieve quickly, to succeed fast, and to be recognized. But God looks deeper—He values faithfulness, consistency, and purity of heart. Even if someone gains a leadership role without strong character, it will eventually collapse because talent can take you where character cannot sustain you.
This reminds me that developing godly character is a daily process. Simple habits—prayer, devotion, discipline, humility—shape who I am. Even as a student or young person without a formal title, I can already be a leader through my actions, words, and testimony. Leadership begins with the choices I make every day.
Ultimately, God is not impressed by positions but by hearts aligned with Him. When I learn to be faithful in small things, He can trust me with bigger responsibilities. True leadership is not about being recognized—it’s about being transformed so that Christ’s character becomes visible in my life.
Cambay, Clarice Mariel C.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3_MON 5:30-6:30
As a student, this lesson on the foundation of leadership really speaks to me. It reminds me that being a true leader is not about titles or achievements, but about having strong character and integrity. Leadership starts from the inside, with qualities like honesty, self-control, and humility. I realize that even without an official position, I can show leadership by being responsible, trustworthy, and kind in my daily actions. This encourages me to focus on growing spiritually and personally, so I can reflect Christ’s character in everything I do. True leadership is about being faithful and consistent, no matter the circumstance. This challenges me to develop these qualities now, trusting that God will use me when the time is right.
BAYNA, ROSE A.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
๐ก๐ฎ๐ฏ๐ต๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฝ๐ฒ๐ธ๐ท ๐ธ๐ท ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐๐ธ๐พ๐ท๐ญ๐ช๐ฝ๐ฒ๐ธ๐ท ๐ธ๐ฏ ๐๐ฎ๐ช๐ญ๐ฎ๐ป๐ผ๐ฑ๐ฒ๐น
Sa mundo ngayon, madalas iniisip natin na ang leadership ay tungkol sa titles, posisyon, o influence. Pero natutunan ko sa lesson na sa Kingdom of God, mas mahalaga ang character bago ang position. Kahit gaano ka kagaling o ka-talented, kung hindi mabuti ang puso at integridad mo, puwede kang makasakit ng tao o masira ang grupo. Ang totoong leadership, ramdam ng tao ang integridad mo at ang puso mong naka-align kay God, hindi lang ang galing o posisyon mo. Kahit wala ka pang title, puwede ka nang maging leader sa simpleng paraan. Tinutulungan ang iba, tapat sa sinasabi, at ginagawa ang tama sa maliliit na bagay.
Ang lesson na ito ang nagpapaalala sa akin na ang God ay hindi impressed sa achievements o resume, kundi sa pusong tapat sa Kanya. Kapag faithful ka sa maliliit na bagay, puwede kang pagkatiwalaan ng mas malalaki at mas mahahalagang responsibilidad. Kaya natutunan ko na bago maghangad ng recognition o leadership role, kailangan munang palakasin ang sarili sa character, integridad, at puso na naka-align kay Christ. Sa ganitong paraan, kahit maliit na tagumpay, nagiging meaningful at inspirasyon hindi lang sa sarili kundi sa mga tao sa paligid natin.
Ocuaman, Cecile O. BSA 4
ReplyDeleteBSA 4 CLV 3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
As a student, this lesson teaches me that true leadership is built on character, not just titles or skills. It reminds me to focus on integrity, discipline, and trustworthiness because these qualities are the real foundation of leadership. Even before gaining positions, developing who I am in Christ matters most, shaping how I lead with humility and responsibility in everyday life. Leadership is about being faithful in small things and growing in character before doing great things.
Humilde, Ritchier B.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4 CLV3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
I learned that true leadership starts with character, not position. God looks at the heart first, so qualities like honesty, discipline, and good behavior matter more than titles or skills. As a student, it reminds me to lead through my actions by being responsible, respectful, and trustworthy in school and daily life. Building good character now prepares me for real leadership in the future.
Humilde, Kyla T.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30)
Ang aral mula sa teksto ay nagpapakita na sa tunay na pamumuno, ang karakter ang pinakapundasyon bago ang anumang posisyon o kakayahan. Ipinapaalala nito na ang isang lider ay hindi nasusukat sa titulo kundi sa integridad, disiplina, at katapatan sa pribado at pampublikong buhay. Tulad ng itinuro ni Pablo, mahalaga ang mabuting asal, pagiging handang maglingkod, at pagiging tapat sa maliit man o malaking bagay. Sa mundo ngayon na mabilis ang pag-angat at madalas inuuna ang tagumpay, paalala ito na mas mahalaga ang pagiging mabuti kaysa sa pagganap ng tungkulin. Ang lider na may matatag na karakter ay nagiging instrumento ng Diyos dahil ang kanyang pamumuno ay nagmumula sa puso, hindi sa ambisyon.
Tawatao, Lorraine Anne C.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30)
The Bible emphasizes character before skills because true leadership starts with integrity, humility, and a heart that can be trusted. When leaders gain positions without strong character, pride, abuse of power, and poor decisions often follow. Even without titles, we college students can build leadership character through responsibility, consistency, honesty, and serving others quietly. In a culture that chases instant success, we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing” by focusing on who we are becoming, not just what we achieve, and allowing God to shape our hearts before we seek recognition.
Bedonio, Jasmin Vea C.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30)
As a student, I am learning that the true foundation of leadership has little to do with titles, positions, or achievements. Instead, real leadership begins with character. It is reflected in the small choices I make every day how I treat others, how I handle challenges, and how I contribute to my environment even when no one is watching. A title may give someone authority, but it does not guarantee influence. Genuine leadership is earned through actions, not granted by roles.
Tabarejos, Sheilla C.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
The foundation of leadership is built on self-awareness, accountability, and genuine care for others. As a student, this means recognizing your strengths and weaknesses, taking responsibility for your actions, and leading by example in both your academic and personal life. True leadership involves listening to others, fostering teamwork, and inspiring a shared vision that motivates everyone to contribute their best. By practicing empathy and resilience, a leader creates a positive environment that encourages growth and trust among peers, setting the stage for collective success and meaningful impact.
Retanal, Leonardo B. | CLV3 1-2 PM Friday
ReplyDeleteThe Bible emphasizes character before skills in leadership because character is our foundation. Sabi nga po sa isang linya sa aking binasa, a leader can be a leader in essence without skills, as long as he has character. Pero kung walang character, hindi siya isang leader.
When people gain positionsnwithout first proving character, maaaring mawala sa landas ang kaniyang mga constituents. For example, if a CEO with no character gains leadership, baka ang focus na lang niya is profit without thinking of his employees and stakeholders.
As a college student myself, ang pinakaimportante para ma-build ang leadership character is through reading and meditating on the Bible and isa-isip ang mga aral dito.
"Being before doing" today, kelangan talaga may Biblical foundations tayo. Madali lang pong sumakses, pero madali lang din pong mag-fail. Ang magiging challenge po sa atin is kung paano natin aakayin ang ating sarili on both. Pwedeng lumaki ang ulo natin pag sumakses, maari din namang malugmok kung puro talo. Pero kung may foundation po ang isang tao, alam niya po kung paano niya dadalhin ang kanyang sarili, which is through Jesus Christ ♡
Juls Andre Buccat
ReplyDeleteBEED 4
This module helped me understand that leadership is not just about having a title or being in charge. It is more about having good character and the right attitude. I realized that before someone can become a good leader, they must first develop qualities like honesty, self-discipline, and responsibility. These traits show what kind of person a leader truly is.
I learned that leadership starts within ourselves. Even as a student, I can already practice leadership by being respectful, dependable, and setting a good example for my classmates. The lesson taught me that it is important to focus on who I am becoming, not just what I want to achieve.
Overall, this module reminds me that real leadership is built on integrity and good character. It encouraged me to improve myself and be more mindful of my actions because these reflect the kind of leader I could become in the future.
MA.THERESA H. CASTA
ReplyDeleteBEED 4 CLV3 (1;00-2:00) FRIDAY
- This lesson teaches me that leadership is not about having a title or being in a high position. It starts with having good character. Before God looks at what I can do, He looks at who I am.
As a student, I can show leadership by being honest, responsible, respectful, and disciplined even if I am not an officer or leader in school. Simple things like doing my tasks on time, treating classmates kindly, and showing good behavior already reflect my character.
I learned that having a good heart is more important than having a position. If I grow in integrity now, God can trust me with bigger responsibilities in the future. True leadership begins with becoming the right kind of person first.
Hazel Anne B. Del Rosario | BSBA-4
ReplyDeleteCLV3 | 1:00-2:00 PM
This module highlights that real leadership starts with character, not position. Paul’s list in 1 Timothy 3:2 shows that God values integrity, discipline, and trustworthiness more than skills or titles. Leadership is who you are long before it’s what you do. What resonated with me most is the reminder that God sees the heart first. It made me realize that what matters most is not the position I hold, but the person I’m becoming. Also, it made me realize that leadership isn’t about being in front—it’s about being consistent, reliable, and aligned with God even in small things
ESGUERRA, TRISHA MAE L.
ReplyDeleteBSA4_CLV3 (MON 5:30-6:30)
This lesson reminded me that real leadership starts with character, not with titles or positions. God cares more about who I am on the inside, my honesty, discipline, and how I treat others, than any role I may hold. It made me realize that even as a student, I’m already building my leadership through small choices, like being responsible, respectful, and faithful in my tasks.
I also learned that having a position without character is dangerous, because it can lead to pride, failure, and hurting others. But when character comes first, God can trust me with bigger responsibilities. This encourages me to focus on growing spiritually, guarding my actions, and letting God shape my heart. True leadership begins with becoming the person God wants me to be.
Above all, I am reminded that God looks at the heart, not the outward qualifications that people praise. I am encouraged to seek holiness, to cultivate integrity, and to trust that God promotes at the right time. This lesson calls me to slow down, to grow deeper, to allow God to refine my character long before I chase any title. Because real leadership is not about being above others, it is about reflecting Christ in the way I live, think, and love.
James Calacsan
ReplyDeleteBSBA-4
CLV 3 (1:00 - 2:00 PM)
This module highlights the importance of understanding the leadership that matters. Not all leadership are the same, and the only leadership that God accepts is a leadership with character.
BACTAD, SHAIRA GAYLER.
ReplyDeleteBSA-4_CLV3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
- The foundation of leadership taught me that true leadership starts from within and is rooted in character, integrity, and a heart to serve others. As a Christian and a student, I learned that being a leader is not about having power or title, but about being responsible, humble, and willing to guide others through my actions. This lesson reminded me that leadership is a calling to be a good example in school, in church, and in daily life, showing kindness, honesty, and perseverance while trusting God to shape me into a leader who inspires and uplifts others.
Winston C. Barril
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4
CLV 3 (1:00-2:00 PM)
As a student,True leadership begins long before anyone notices us or gives us a title. God looks at the heart, not our outward accomplishments. Paul’s reminder in 1 Timothy 3 shows that character is the real foundation of influence. Being blameless, disciplined, hospitable, and teachable reflects a life shaped by Christ—not by ambition. In a world that praises talent and success, God calls us to focus first on who we are becoming. When our hearts are aligned with Him, our actions naturally honor Him. Leadership is not about position; it is about living with integrity every day. As we pursue holiness, God prepares us for the responsibilities He has planned. Becoming comes before doing, and character comes before calling.
Allen Pj P. Mendoza
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4
CLV 3 (1:00-2:00 PM
As a student, spiritual character and values should be the primary and core foundation of our life. Salvation cannot be acquired through good works and good morals, but rather through faith. The danger of gaining a position w/out a character may fall on yhe risk of temptation. Everyday we are all tempted by the evil, and without spiritual character we might from it. Being a leader isn't about the the position or title but it's about our unwavering faith and unconditional to God and His creations.
Hannah Shayne Garcia
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4 | CLV3 Friday, 1-2 PM
As a college student, this lesson reminds me that leadership is not just about having a title in an organization or being recognized by others. Even without a position, I can already show leadership through my character—by being honest, responsible, and respectful to others.
In school, how I handle group projects, deadlines, pressure, and relationships shows the kind of leader I am becoming. This topic teaches me to focus more on personal growth and integrity rather than chasing recognition. I realize that if I build strong character now, God can trust me with greater responsibilities in the future. True leadership starts in my daily choices and in living a life that honors God.
Kimberly Amario
ReplyDeleteBSA 4_ CLV3 (5:30-6:30 MON)
This lesson reminds me that true leadership begins with character, not position or title. In a world that often values influence and recognition, God emphasizes integrity, discipline, and faithfulness as the true foundation of leadership. The teaching from 1 Timothy 3:2 shows that who we are matters more than what we can do, because skills without character can lead to failure, but character builds trust and lasting influence. As a student, this challenges me to be responsible, honest, and consistent even in small tasks, knowing that God sees the heart more than outward success. By choosing to grow in Christlike character now, I am being prepared for greater responsibilities in the future, proving that leadership starts with being before doing.
DANNA D.
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4 (CLV 3 - FRIDAY. 1:00 - 2:00 PM)
1. The Bible emphasizes that character matters more than skills because character is the foundation that earns trust and is far more difficult to build than any learned ability.
2. When leaders gain position without proven character, the dangers are corruption and destruction, as the lack of moral restraint causes the abuse of power and hypocrisy.
3. College students can effectively build leadership character without titles by focusing on personal growth, accountability, and reliability, proving their integrity by being faithful in small responsibilities.
4. To maintain the biblical order of being before doing in a culture focused on instant success, we must redefine success by prioritizing integrity and the long-term process of character development over quick external achievements.
NACORDA, JENNY ANN D.
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4-C (CLV 3- THURSDAY 6:15-7:00 PM)
The Foundation of Leadership taught me that good leadership starts with character before position. A leader should not only be skilled or knowledgeable but also honest, responsible, disciplined, trustworthy, and respectful. I learned that having a position does not automatically make someone a good leader because trust must be earned through actions and good character. As a student, I can apply this by being responsible in group activities, respecting my classmates, keeping my promises, and setting a good example. This lesson reminded me that leadership is not about power or titles, but about becoming a person others can trust and follow.
OLERMO, DONALYN, E.
ReplyDeleteBSBA- 4
CLV 3 LEADERSHIP DEFINED
This lesson reminded me that true leadership begins with character, not with a position or title. I realized that being a leader means showing integrity, discipline, responsibility, and trustworthiness even when no one is watching. As a college student, I can already practice leadership through my actions, relationships, group work, and responsibilities. I do not need to wait for a formal position to become a good leader. I am reminded that God looks at the heart, and that being faithful in small things prepares me for greater responsibilities. This encourages me to focus not only on what I can accomplish, but also on who I am becoming in Christ. I want my actions to reflect God’s character and to lead others through a life of integrity, humility, and faithfulness.
YVONNE DE VERA
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
This lesson reminds me that true leadership is not about having a title or position, but about having good character. A good leader should be honest, disciplined, responsible, and trustworthy. I learned that people may recognize our abilities, but our character is what truly earns their trust.
As a college student, I can practice leadership even without a formal position by being responsible in group activities, respecting others, and being faithful in small responsibilities. For me, leadership begins with who I am, not with the position I hold. I should develop my character first so that when God gives me greater responsibilities, I will be ready to lead with integrity and according to His will
ARENIEGO, MARY JOY M.
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4-C
THURSDAY 6:15-7:15 PM
This lesson taught me that leadership is not only about having a position or title. A good leader should have good character, be honest, responsible, respectful, and trustworthy. As a college student, I can practice leadership through simple things like helping others, being responsible in group work, and keeping my promises. I do not need a title to show good leadership. I also learned that God looks at our hearts, not only at what people see. This reminds me to focus on becoming a better person before seeking success or recognition.
VERGARA, PHERRIE
ReplyDeleteBSBA-4
CLV3 - LEADERSHIP DEFINED
Discussion Questions:
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
The Bible teaches that leadership starts with the heart, not with talent. Skills are important, but they mean little if the leader’s life is not pleasing to God. A person with good character can be trusted, while a person with only skills may lead people the wrong way. God looks at who we are inside before He looks at what we can do. As 1 Samuel 16:7 says, “Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” This shows that God values integrity more than ability.
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
When leaders have position but no character, they may abuse power, act selfishly, or hurt the people they lead. They can become proud and careless, and this destroys trust. Without integrity, leadership becomes dangerous because it focuses on control instead of service. Proverbs 11:3 reminds us, “The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.” A leader without character may look successful for a time, but in the end, their lack of integrity will bring harm.
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
As a student, I can practice leadership by showing honesty, discipline, and responsibility in everyday life. Even small actions like being reliable in group projects, respecting classmates, or helping others, show true character. Leadership is not only about having a title, it is about influence through example. Luke 16:10 says, “He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much.” This means that if we are faithful in small things now, God can trust us with bigger responsibilities later.
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
Today, many people want quick success, fame, or position without first building character. But the Bible teaches us to focus on who we are before what we do. We must grow in faith, prayer, and integrity, so that when opportunities come, we are ready to lead with wisdom. 1 Peter 1:15 says, “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.” This reminds us that holiness and character must come first. Success should follow after we have built a strong foundation in Christ.
In the end, true leadership is not about titles or skills first, but about the kind of person we are. The Bible shows that God looks at the heart before He gives position. Integrity, discipline, and trustworthiness are the real foundation of leadership. As students, we must practice these values even in small things, because faithfulness in little things prepares us for bigger responsibilities. Leadership begins with character, and when our life reflects Christ, then our influence will be strong and lasting.
CASTILLANO, SHEENA MAE P.
ReplyDeleteBSBA-4
CLV-3 LEADERSHIP DEFINED
This lesson taught me that leadership is not about having a position or title, but about having good character. A good leader should be honest, responsible, respectful, and trustworthy. I learned that skills are important, but character should always come first because people will trust us based on how we live and treat others.
As a college student, I can practice leadership even without having a formal position. I can start by being responsible in my studies, keeping my promises, helping others, and doing what is right even when no one is watching. This lesson reminded me that before I lead others, I should first work on becoming a better person.
After reading the lesson, I realized that leadership is not really about having a position or a title, but about having good character. A person can have a high position, but if they are not honest, responsible, disciplined, and respectful, then their position does not mean much.
ReplyDeleteFor me, this lesson is important because as a future teacher, I will also become a leader in my own classroom. I need to learn how to be patient, responsible, and respectful even when no one is watching. I also learned that character should come before position because the way I treat others will show what kind of leader I am. I may not have a big position right now, but I can already practice good leadership through my actions every day.
Module 1 Lesson 2: The Foundation of Leadership – Character Before Position
ReplyDeleteBilang estudyante, natutunan ko na mas mahalaga ang magandang karakter kaysa sa posisyon. Dapat maging honest, responsable, magalang, at marunong tumulong sa iba. Bago maging mabuting leader, kailangan ko munang maging mabuting tao at ipakita ang tamang ugali sa aking mga kaklase at guro.
BAUZON,SONNY C.
BSTM 4
TUESDAY 3:00-4:00pm (CLV3 LEADERSHIP DEFINED)
Isidro, Alyna Venz A.
ReplyDeleteBEED 4
CLV 3
This lesson taught me that leadership is not mainly about having a position or title, but about having good character. A person can have a high position, but if they are not honest, responsible, and trustworthy, they cannot be a good leader.
As a college student, I can practice leadership even without having a formal position. I can show it by being responsible in group activities, respecting others, keeping my promises, and doing what is right even when no one is watching. I also learned that God looks at our hearts and character more than our achievements.
For me, true leadership starts with becoming a better person first. Before leading others, I should learn to lead myself and stay faithful in small things. I believe that if I continue to build good character and grow closer to God, I will be prepared for greater responsibilities in the future.
Franco John Reyvic
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4
CLV 3
This topic enlighten me about being leader not all having a position or title, being a leader is about having a good personality , character, commitment, responsibility, trustworthy and confident about their to lead.
As a leader you are not always thinking about yourself, you always need to think about other, and being a leader is not about acting as a leader to serve, but it's opposite being a leader is about serving the other help then and guide then to be better with wisdom of god.
Rejean R. Aoanan
ReplyDeleteBSA-4
CLV3 Leadership Defined
The lesson “Character Before Position” taught me that being a good leader is not mainly about having a title, position, or authority. It is more about who we are as a person. Sometimes, people think that becoming a leader means being the most talented, confident, or influential person in a group. However, this lesson reminded me that according to the Bible, character should come first before leadership. A person can have great skills, but without honesty, discipline, and integrity, those skills can be used in the wrong way.
The verse from 1 Timothy 3:2 really stood out to me because it describes the kind of character a leader should have. Being “blameless” does not mean being perfect, but it means trying to live with integrity and being consistent in both public and private life. I realized that leadership is not only about how people see us when we are given a position. It is also about how we behave when nobody is watching. Our actions, decisions, and treatment of other people reveal our true character.
As a college student, I learned that I do not need to have a formal leadership position to practice leadership. I can show leadership through simple things such as being responsible in group projects, keeping my promises, respecting my classmates, helping others, and doing my responsibilities even when no one is checking. These small actions can help develop the character needed for greater responsibilities in the future.
Another thing that I learned is the importance of being faithful in small things. Luke 16:10 says that a person who is faithful in little will also be faithful in much. This made me realize that I should not always focus on getting a higher position or being recognized by others. Instead, I should focus on becoming a better person and doing my responsibilities well. Recognition and positions may come later, but character should already be developing now.
The lesson also reminded me to be careful with my actions online and offline. The way I communicate, treat people, respond to pressure, and make decisions can affect how others see my character. More importantly, these things also reflect my relationship with God.
Overall, “Character Before Position” taught me that true leadership begins from within. Before asking God for a position or greater responsibility, I should first ask Him to develop my character. I may not be perfect, but I can continue growing in integrity, discipline, humility, and faithfulness. As 1 Peter 1:15 says, I am called to be holy in all areas of my life. For me, leadership is not simply about what I can accomplish, but about becoming the kind of person who can be trusted with responsibility.
ROMASOC, ALYSSA MARIE M.
ReplyDeleteBEED-4
CLV 3/Tuesday/12:30-1:30 P.M.
Reflection:
This lesson taught me that being a leader is not only about having a position or being given a title. A good leader should have good character, integrity, discipline, and be someone that others can trust. I realized that even if I am not yet in a leadership position, I can already practice these values in my daily life, especially in school and when working with others. For me, leadership should start with being a good person first because people will trust and follow a leader based on how they act, not only on what they can do. This lesson reminded me that character is more important than talent or position because a good character will guide us to use our abilities in the right way.
TAWATAO, LOVELY B.
ReplyDeleteBSBA -4
CLV-3 LEADERSHIP DEFINED
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
Because skills can make someone capable, but character makes someone trustworthy. A leader may be talented, but if they are dishonest, irresponsible, or selfish, their leadership can hurt others. The Bible teaches that God looks at the heart and character, not only at talent or appearance.
“The Bible emphasizes character before skills because a good leader should first have integrity, discipline, and a good heart before leading others.”
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
Kapag may position ang isang tao pero hindi pa developed ang character niya, maaari niyang abusuhin ang authority, mawalan ng trust ang mga tao, maging irresponsible, or make decisions based on selfish interests.
"The danger is that a leader may misuse their position because they have authority but lack integrity, discipline, and responsibility.”
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
Kahit wala kang position, puwede kang mag-practice ng leadership through being responsible, honest, respectful, helpful, and trustworthy. For example, sa group projects, gawin ang assigned task on time and help your classmates.
" College students can build leadership character by being responsible, honest, respectful, and reliable in their everyday actions, even without having a title.”
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
We should focus first on who we are becoming, not only on what we want to achieve. Instead of rushing for success or recognition, we should develop integrity, discipline, humility, faithfulness, and a strong relationship with God.
" We maintain ‘being before doing’ by developing our character first. We should focus on becoming a person of integrity and faithfulness before seeking success, position, or recognition.”
This lesson taught me that leadership is not just about having a position, title, or talent. It starts with character. I realized that before I can lead other people, I should first learn how to lead myself. Having a position means having responsibility, but having good character is what makes people trust and respect a leader.
Jerilyn Sagun | BSBA-4
ReplyDelete12:30-1:30 | CLV-3 | Defined Leadership
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
-The Bible puts character ahead of skills because leadership is about trust, not just getting things done. Skills show what a leader can do, but character shows how they will treat people when given power. In 1 Timothy 3, almost every quality required for a leader focuses on traits like self-control, honesty, and kindness, while only one mentions a practical skill. Skills can easily be taught later, but a talented leader who lacks integrity will eventually hurt the people they are supposed to help.
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
-When someone gets power before they have the character to handle it, their talent becomes dangerous. Without humility, quick success makes leaders proud, selfish, and quick to take advantage of others. When an undisciplined leader fails, it destroys trust and causes deep hurt for everyone who followed them.
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
-College students can build leadership character every day simply by doing the right thing in small, quiet moments. This means being reliable by showing up on time, doing your fair share in group work, and keeping your promises. You can also build character by helping out without looking for credit, such as cleaning up and arranging the chairs after an event or helping a classmate who is struggling. Choosing to be honest on exams and standing by your values builds a strong foundation long before you ever get a official title.
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
-Today's world pressures us to get famous and successful as fast as possible, but live "being before doing" means focusing on who we are on the inside first. Throughout the Bible, great leaders spent years in quiet, forgotten places learning patience before they ever led in public. We can practice this by building a private life of prayer and reflection that is bigger than what we show on social media. Instead of asking how famous or successful we can become, focus on becoming a kinder, more honest, and more patient person every day.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCACHO, MARIELLE JOY A.
ReplyDeleteBSBA 4
12:30-1:30 | Tuesday | CLV 3
In my point of view, I believe that character is more important than skills or position in leadership because a good leader should be honest, responsible, and trustworthy. Having a position does not automatically make someone a good leader if they do not have good values and cannot treat others with respect. As a college student, I can practice leadership even without having a formal position by being responsible in group activities, helping my classmates, and doing what is right even when no one is watching. I also believe that in today’s culture where people want instant success, I should focus more on improving myself and building good character instead of only looking for achievements or recognition. For me, true leadership starts with who I am as a person before what I can accomplish or the position I may have.
ALICIA NIKOLLE ORFINADA
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4- B
This lesson reminds me that true leadership isn’t about how impressive our title or skills are — it’s about who we are at our core. God doesn’t look at what we can do first; He looks at our hearts, our integrity, and how we live even when no one is watching. Character is the solid ground that holds everything else up; without it, talent and position won’t last. As a student, I’m learning to focus more on growing in honesty, self-control, and faithfulness than just chasing roles or recognition. If I build my life on Godly character now, God can trust me with greater leadership later because real leadership begins not with what I achieve, but with who I become in Christ.
CHRISTIAN JAY S. DELA PAZ
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4-B
The Bible teaches that character comes before leadership skills. A true leader must first build strong character through self-awareness, accountability, empathy, and genuine care for others. As a college student, developing leadership character means reading and meditating on the Bible and applying its teachings. Success and failure can both test a person’s character, but with a strong Biblical foundation and faith in Jesus Christ, we can lead ourselves well and positively influence others.
RICA MAE O. POBLETIN
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4-B
My reflection:
This lesson helped me understand what good leadership really is. We cannot call someone a good leader simply because they have power, a title, or a position. True leadership is shown through a person’s character and actions. That is why leadership begins with character, not position. By having good character first, a person can learn to lead with integrity, responsibility, and genuine concern for others. A position may give someone the authority to lead, but it is their character that shows how they use that authority.
I can see this in our reality today because leadership is not only found in people who hold high positions. Sometimes, ordinary people who do not have a position or title are the ones who are more willing to help others.
As a student, I can apply this by being responsible and having the desire to help others even without having a leadership position. A title should not be a requirement for helping people. For me, you do not need a position to lead; you just need a good heart ,strong character, and the willingness to help .
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJENIEFER D. OBICE
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4-B
After reading this scripture and the Word of God, I learned that we must develop our character first because when we have good character, we can learn to discipline and control ourselves, have integrity, and influence others. Our spiritual and moral character can help us become good leaders who can influence others. Whatever characteristics the Lord has should also be seen and reflected in us because leadership reflects God’s holiness.
I’ve learned that leadership is not only about titles, positions, or influence, but also about having good character. In the Kingdom of God, leadership is grounded first in character. It says that character is the foundation of influence. Positions can be given, but trust must be earned. God looks at our hearts, and He wants our hearts rather than our positions. God prioritizes our hearts rather than our talents.
After reading this scripture, it has helped me understand how I can apply what I have learned as a student. It teaches me to practice being a good leader, or even if I am not a leader, to develop and shape my character as a student and improve the areas where I still need to grow.
As a student, this lesson has greatly helped me understand how to become a good leader by shaping my character and applying what I have learned to myself and to others. It taught me that being a leader does not mean being perfect, and that you do not become a leader only because of your skills or talents. You can also become a good leader by living out who you are in Christ and becoming someone whom people can trust and respect.
BSA-4
ReplyDeleteClv3
As i read this, it made me realize how much I used to think that leadership was all about having a title or being the person who is good at everything. Pero dito sa lesson, narealize ko na mas importante pala kay God kung sino ka as a person kaysa sa kung ano yung kaya mong gawin. It made me think about how I act when no one is watching, whether it’s during group work, in class, or even online kasi doon talaga lumalabas kung ano yung character ko, hindi lang kapag may nakakakita or kapag kailangan kong magpakitang-gilas. I also realized na hindi ko kailangang hintayin na mabigyan ako ng position bago ako maging leader. I can start now by being responsible, honest, and respectful sa mga taong nasa paligid ko, kahit sa mga small things lang. I know also na marami pa akong kailangang i-work on especially sa pagiging disciplined and consistent, lalo na if I’m tired or overwhelmed ako. Pero natututunan ko na yung growth ko as a person starts with my heart and my relationship with God, hindi sa pag-try na i-impress yung ibang tao. I want to become someone na mapagkakatiwalaan ng ibang tao, someone who stays faithful kahit sa maliliit na bagay. Kaya kahit anong role pa yung mapunta sa akin in the future, I want my character to already be ready for it.
Michael Glenn A. Petalver
ReplyDeleteBSHM 4 -A
CLV 3 LEADERSHIP DEFINE
This lesson reminded me that true leadership is not about titles or abilities, but about character. In 1 Timothy 3:2, Paul emphasizes that a leader must first be blameless, disciplined, and hospitable. God looks at the heart, not just the skills, as seen in 1 Samuel 16:7. As a student, I realized that I can practice leadership even without a formal position by being faithful in small things, and showing integrity in school . Leadership begins with who I am in Christ before what I do for Him.
Tiong, Shaina Mae L.
ReplyDeleteBSHM4-C
CLV3-LEADERSHIP DEFINED
THURS | 6:15-7:15
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
-The Bible focuses on character first because a leader’s heart determines how they use their power. If a leader has skills but lacks honesty or kindness, they will eventually hurt the people they lead. God wants leaders who are trustworthy so that their influence helps others grow rather than just serving themselves.
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
-When someone gets a high position without having strong character, they often become proud or selfish. They might use their power to manipulate others or hide their mistakes. Without a foundation of integrity, a leader is likely to fail when they face pressure or temptation, which can cause great damage to their organization and the people who trust them.
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
-We can build leadership character by being reliable in small tasks, like finishing our school assignments on time and being honest with our friends. Even without a title, you lead by setting a good example through your actions. If you treat others with respect and stay disciplined in your personal life, you are practicing the habits of a leader every day.
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
-We can keep "being before doing" by remembering that our value comes from our relationship with God, not from how much work we finish. Instead of rushing to be successful, we should spend time developing our patience and honesty. By focusing on our daily choices and our inner growth, we ensure that our character remains strong even when the world tells us to focus only on quick results.
CUSTODIO, KRISTENE JOY M.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4 (TUESDAY 9:15-10:15)
CLV 3: LEADERSHIP DEFINED
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
1. The Bible emphasizes character before skills in leadership because leadership itself does not only deals with what a leader can do but it is who the leader was through his character. As it is stated that a leader with integrity, discipline, and faithfulness can earn the trust of the people and also, God looks at the heart of a leader rather than it's qualifications or achievements.
2. When leaders gain positions without having goo character, often times they tend to use this power in a wrong way that causes a negative effect either in the leader itself or unto its people.
3. College students can develop leadership character by being honest, respectful p, responsible, accountable and having an integrity. They can use this leadership characteristics on their shelves or in their groups or even in their families.
4. In today's era, we can maintain biblical order by simple focusing on developing the biblical characteristics of a leader first rather than seeking a higher recognition or positions. There's a cycle of growth and we should pray and wait for it to happen. And, in the midst of praying may we never forget to possess the biblical characteristics that a leader must have.
DE GUZMAN, SHIEKA M.
ReplyDeleteBSA4
CLV3 (9:15-10:15)
1. The Bible emphasizes character because skills alone do not make someone a good leader. A person can be talented or knowledgeable, but without honesty, discipline, and integrity, they may use their skills in the wrong way. Character builds trust, which is very important in leadership. As the blog explains, God looks at the heart and not only at a person’s abilities or appearance.
2. When someone gets a leadership position without having good character, they may abuse their power, become selfish or proud, and make decisions that can hurt others. It can also cause people to lose trust in them. A position gives authority, but without integrity, that authority can easily be misused.
3. Through their everyday actions. We can practice being responsible with schoolwork, keeping our promises, respecting classmates, helping others, and being honest even when no one is watching. We don't need a title to show leadership because our actions already show what kind of person we are becoming.
4. We can maintain “being before doing” by focusing first on becoming a better and more trustworthy person instead of always chasing achievements. Success does not have to happen quickly. We should be patient with our growth, stay grounded in our values and faith, and remain faithful even in small responsibilities. In the long run, having good character is more important than simply being successful.
EGAY, CHERYL ANNE MAE C.
ReplyDeleteBSA4
CLV3(Tue 9:15-10:15)
Leadership is an action not a position. This is my takeaway because Godly leadership is not about the position or influence it is how we act and it begins in our character.
Bible emphasize the character before skills in leadership because yes skills can make some capable but character makes someone trustworthy. God shows us that he wants a leader who’s having a good character to use those skills and abilities on proper way.
When someone has a position without good character they will just misuse and abuse the power and the authority. They also use the power for their own gain which will influence the people who follow. Thus , leadership should be built on integrity and humility. As a college student we can develop leadership even in our smallest actions in our everyday life as long as we will do it based on the word of God. Every action in everyday life is an opportunity to serve and influence and take responsibility in every action is a great practice for leadership even without a title. In today’s culture we can maintain “being before doing” by focusing on developing our character before any achievements. Because achievements doesn’t define us what matter most is what kind of people we are becoming and how we treat other people and how we lead other people even without title and how we practice the integrity even no one is watching. More importantly how we develop our relationship to our Almighty God.
Overall, I learned that God does not measure leadership according to titles and achievements but instead he looks deeper in our hearts and the character behind our actions. With or without position we can influence other people by having a good character.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGARIBAY, MARIA PAMELA M.
ReplyDeleteBSA-4
CLV-3 (Tue 9:15-10:15)
This topic reminds me that God values character more than accomplishments or status. God values the condition of my heart more than my titles, achievements, and resumes that may impress people. True leadership is not measured by power or recognition but by our faithfulness and obedience to Him. It teaches me that the small tasks and responsibilities I handle every day are important in God's eyes. When I remain faithful in little things, I show that I can be trusted with greater opportunities. This encourages me to focus on growing my relationship with God rather than seeking approval from others. It also reminds me that leadership begins with developing integrity, humility, and a Christ-like character.
By allowing God to shape who I am, I can become a leader who positively influences others. Lastly, this topic inspires me to live faithfully each day, knowing that God is more concerned with who I am than with what I achieve.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteRenante, Sthefany A.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV3 Tuesday 12:30-1:30
It helps me to understand that leadership is not just about how powerful you are or what position you have. A true leader show integrity kahit na walang nakakakita sa kanila, may discipline sa sarili at sa mga actions niya at mapag kakatiwalaan. As a student this helps me to shape my integrity, discipline and trustworthiness. It helps me to do good things and do what is right even if walang nakakakita ng mga ginagawa ko. I know na lahat ng mga ginagawa ko ay nakikita ng Panginoon and all of these actions I surrender it to Him and to glorify Him. Having His guidance I know that I can be a good leader that can influence others. Being a leader is not all about positions but how will you represent God to others.
MARQUEZ JANELOU V.
ReplyDeleteBSA-4
CLV-3 (TUE 9:15-10:15)
The lesson reminds me that character should come before position. Leadership is not simply about having a title or being in a position of authority; it is about how we live, treat others, and remain faithful to our values. A person may have a position, but without integrity, discipline, and humility, that position means very little.
As a student, I realized that I do not need to have a formal leadership role to practice good leadership. I can show it through being responsible, respectful, honest, and dependable in my everyday actions. The reminder that God looks at the heart rather than outward achievements also encourages me to focus more on building my character than seeking recognition.
Ultimately, this lesson taught me that being a good person should come before being a good leader. When our character is rooted in God, our influence can become meaningful and trustworthy.
Medrano, Airice Jeane S.
ReplyDeleteBSA-4
CLV-3(TUE 9:15-10:15)
Reading this blog post about Character before Position really made me reflect and how I view my purpose as a college student. Whether I am in group projects, managing academic pressure, or making moral decisions, my main priority should be honoring God. But building strong character is not something I can achieve through self-reliance alone it requires surrendering my daily choices to God's guidance.
True influence is not granted by a title, it is built through consistent integrity over time. This reading serves as a daily reminder that leadership begins in small, quiet moments holding oneself accountable, treating peers with respect, and remaining trustworthy under pressure. Before God entrusts us with influence over others, He first refines our hearts through faithfulness in everyday actions.
This lesson made me realize that being a good leader starts with who we are, not with the position or title we have. I learned that qualities like honesty, discipline, responsibility, and trustworthiness are more important because they build the trust of the people around us. As a student, I can already practice leadership through my actions, especially by being responsible in my tasks, treating others with respect, and doing what is right even when no one is watching. It also reminded me that before I ask God for greater responsibilities, I should first allow Him to develop my character and become a better person.
ReplyDeleteGozo, Jonavieve M.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (tue 9:15-10:15)
Having a position does not automatically make someone a leader. A true leader represents God to others and reflects His character through their actions. As a college student, narealize ko kung gaano ka-importante ang pagiging totoo sa sarili nang sa gayon ay malaman ko ang mga need pag focus-an at iimprove sa character ko ngayon. Dapat din akong mag seek ng guidance kay God sa kung anong dapat kong gawin upang maipakita sa iba ang works Niya sa buhay ko. Kaya naman mas paghuhusayan kong maging responsible at reliable para mapagkatiwalaan din ng iba. Kaya gusto ko ring patuloy na iimprove ang sarili ko at hayaan si God na iguide ako para maging leader na hindi lang may position, kundi may magandang character din.
This lesson taught me that true leadership begins with good character, integrity, and being trustworthy rather than simply having a position or title. I realized that even as a student, I can practice leadership by being responsible, disciplined, and consistent in how I treat others. Leadership is not only about what I can do, but more importantly, about who I am.
ReplyDeleteLadia, John Michael M.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (Tue 9:15 - 10:15)
This lesson taught me that having a position or being the one in charge does not make someone a leader. Being a true leader begins with character, integrity, and the heart to lead with God as the center of everything. As a college student, I realized that I can show leadership in a different and more effective way by leading with purpose and guidance of the lord. That I can lead through letting God to lead my life. This lesson taught me that I can lead with who I am and not just by what I have and what I can do. We can all be a leader but only few can lead with purpose given by God.
Damasco, Katyrine T.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (Tue 9:15 - 10:15)
This lesson taught me that true leadership starts with who we are inside rather than simply holding a title or position. I realized that having a position without solid character can be dangerous, while having strong character is already a form of leadership. This reminds me that who I am on the inside must always come before what I do in front of others. I learned that God looks at the heart and values our integrity more than our outward skills or talents. The Bible shows that being blameless, disciplined, and trustworthy matters more than simply knowing how to perform or teach others. As students, we can show leadership by being responsible in group work, respecting others, and doing our part even without having a position. I also learned that the way we act shows our true character, especially when we are under pressure or when no one is watching.
Necesito, Emmanuela B.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (TUE 9:15 - 10:15)
Leadership is an interesting topic for me. In observing human nature, we often prioritize charisma, intelligence, and skills, but God looks at character—who we truly are. Furthermore, God is omniscient, meaning He is all-knowing; He knows our hearts and our deepest desires.
As 1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV) states: “…for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.”
Character is everything. History has shown us talented, highly skilled leaders who lacked godly character, and their leadership inevitably led to disaster and ruin, such as Adolf Hitler’s regime. A true godly leader must walk in the fear of the Lord, for it is the beginning of all wisdom.
Velonza, Jenson Kenn L.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (9:15-10:15)
1.The Bible focuses on character first because skills alone can be misused if a leader lacks integrity, discipline, or honesty.
God looks at the heart and wants leaders whose influence helps others grow, rather than just leaders who are talented or knowledgeable.
2.When someone gets a high position without good character, they can become proud, selfish, or power-tripping. They might abuse their power to manipulate others, make poor decisions, and easily lose the trust of the people they lead.
3. We can build character in small, everyday things like finishing school work on time, being honest, and treating classmates with respect. Being responsible and reliable in our daily actions shows what kind of person we are becoming, even without a fancy title.
4.We can focus on growing our relationship with God and building personal integrity instead of rushing to be successful or chasing quick achievements.By staying true to our values and trusting God's timing, we remember that having a good character is much more important than just looking successful.
Velonza, Jenson Kenn L.
ReplyDeleteBSA 4
CLV 3 (9:15-10:15)
This lesson taught me that true leadership is not about having a title, a high position, or fancy skills, but it is all about having good character. In 1 Timothy 3, it says that a leader must be blameless, disciplined, and hospitable, which shows that God looks at the heart rather than just what a person can do. As a student, I realized that I don't need to wait for a formal leadership position to start leading. I can practice leadership right now by being faithful in small things, being honest, finishing my schoolwork on time, and showing integrity in how I treat others. True leadership begins with who I am in Christ before what I do for Him.
Maoile, Ciara Kae B.
ReplyDeleteBSA-4
CLV 3 (9:15-10:15)
The lesson taught me how to be a good leader by applying God's version of being a good leader. In our generation, leadership is often associated with titles, positions, or influence. But in the Kingdom of God, leadership is grounded first in character, position without character is dangerous, but character without position is still leadership in essence. God raises leaders based not merely on their ability, but on their integrity. To be a leader he must qualify to be one, just what 1 Timothy 3 in the lesson emphasize who a person is rather than what a person can do. Being a leader need to practice and apply it this character integrity, discipline, and trustworthiness. Leadership reflects God’s holiness. A leader represents God to people; therefore, their life must mirror His character. Character is the foundation of influence. Positions can be given, but trust must be earned.
INACAY, KRISTINE F.
ReplyDeleteBSTM-4
CLV 3:30-4:00
As a student The foundation of leadership is having good character, responsibility, and respect for others. A good leader does not only give instructions but also listens, helps, and sets a good example. Leadership is about serving others and making decisions that are good for everyone. For me, a good leader should be honest, humble, and willing to learn. By practicing these values, I can become a better leader in my family, school, and community.
NACORDA, MHEAKA L.
ReplyDeleteBSBA-4
CLV3- LEADERSHIP DEFINED
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
The Bible emphasizes character because a good leader must be honest, responsible, humble, and trustworthy. Skills can be learned, but strong character helps a leader use those skills in the right way.
2.What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
They may misuse their power, become proud or selfish, make irresponsible decisions, and lose the trust of the people they lead.
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
They can practice leadership by being responsible, honest, respectful, helpful, and dependable. They can also serve others, keep their promises, work well with classmates, and lead by example.
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
We can focus first on developing good character, values, and faith instead of rushing to achieve recognition. We should be patient, faithful in small responsibilities, and allow our actions to reflect who we are.
BEED 4 (CLV 3 - LEADERSHIP DEFINED)
ReplyDelete12:30 - 1:30PM
As a student, this lesson on the foundation of leadership really speaks to me. It reminds me that being a true leader is not about titles or achievements, but about having strong character and integrity. Leadership starts from the inside, with qualities like honesty, self-control, and humility. I realize that even without an official position, I can show leadership by being responsible, trustworthy, and kind in my daily actions. This encourages me to focus on growing spiritually and personally, so I can reflect Christ’s character in everything I do. True leadership is about being faithful and consistent, no matter the circumstance. This challenges me to develop these qualities now, trusting that God will use me when the time is right.
Laguidao, Ilyssa Mae B.
ReplyDeleteBSA -4
Leadership and Define (9:15-10:15)
I learned that true leadership is not based on position, title, or achievements, but on a person’s character. In 1 Timothy 3:2 reminds me of the importance of being honest, disciplined, responsible, and consistent in everything I do. Even without a formal leadership position, I can already practice leadership by being responsible in group work, respectful toward my classmates, and trustworthy to the people around me. As an student, integrity is especially important because the profession requires honesty, accountability, and responsibility. I also realized that I do not have to be perfect to become a good leader, but I need to be willing to learn, correct my mistakes, and continue growing with God. God reminds me that being faithful in small things prepares me for greater responsibilities in the future. Therefore, I want to build my character first and allow Christ to shape me into a leader whose actions reflect His holiness, even before I receive any position or title.
ARIAS, RHEA MAE B.
ReplyDeleteBSBA - 4
CLV 3 - LEADERSHIP DEFINED
TUESDAY (12:30-1:30)
Discussion Questions
1. Why does the Bible emphasize character before skills in leadership?
- The Bible emphasizes character before skills because a good leader must be honest, humble, responsible, and God-fearing. Skills are important because they help a leader succeed, but good character helps them use those skills in the right way and lead others well.
2. What dangers arise when leaders gain position without first proving character?
- When leaders gain a position without good character, they may misuse their power, become proud, make selfish decisions, and lose the trust of the people they lead. Without good character, leadership can become harmful.
3. How can college students build leadership character even without holding formal titles?
- College Students can build leadership character by being responsible, honest, respectful, helpful, and willing to serve others. They can show leadership through their actions and by being a good example to others.
4. In today’s culture of instant success, how can we maintain the biblical order of “being before doing”?
- We can maintain the biblical order of “being before doing” by focusing first on building good character, faith, patience and discipline before seeking success. We should become the right person before trying to achieve great things.
This lesson reshaped my view of genuine leadership, showing that it cannot be defined by authority or high-ranking positions alone. True leadership is demonstrated through integrity, responsibility, and sincere concern for others, which guide how one uses authority. In everyday life, ordinary people without formal titles often show the greatest willingness to serve. As a student, I can practice leadership by being dependable and helping others regardless of whether I hold an official title, because real leadership requires only a good heart, strong character, and a heart to serve.
ReplyDelete